Musings and photos of my attempts to create edible food.

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Lemon Sorbet

One of my fondest memories of the Italian exchange (way back in my school days) was eating gelato with friends almost every day. If we were on a trip somewhere we would find a gelateria, and if we were spending a day in the local town, then there was a gelateria beside the river that we would all descend upon. Ever since then I have had a love of lemon sorbet.
I was delighted to discover how simple it is to make lemon sorbet - provided you have a few hours to interrupt regularly or an ice-cream machine! Alas this is one of the kitchen gadgets I lack so it was time to become well acquainted with our freezer!

Recipe:

  • 200g sugar
  • 350ml water
  • 6 unwaxed lemons
Add the sugar to half the water until the sugar dissolvesr. Zest the lemons and juice. Mix everything together and chill. If you have an ice-cream machine use it now. For the rest of us, put all the ingredients in a glass bowl and sit it in the freezer. Once it starts to freeze stir it every 15 minutes. If it seems a bit coarse blend it until smooth again. And you're done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment